Silk Screen Production Color Separator
Araca is seeking to hire, on a full-time basis, a simulated spot process Color Separator. The Color Separator will work with and prepare a wide range of designs for screen printing onto apparel items. Design types will range from vector generated "spot color" designs to photorealistic/airbrushed, raster-based designs.
The Color Separator will be responsible for creating color separations for a wide variety of apparel designs, ensuring quality and accuracy in the pre-production phase. The Color Separator will work with a large number of Company’s licensed brands and designs. The Color Separator will prepare designs for in-house and third-party screen printers, both domestic and international. The Color Separator will be familiar with specialty printing techniques and will work with the art director in the placement of design on apparel items. With the art director, the Color Separator will prioritize work flow to coordinate the Company’s production, pre-production, sampling and press schedules.
- 3+ years of experience as a Color Separator in the apparel industry.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop (CS 5 version or higher).
- Working knowledge of MAC and PC system, for work with film RIP and output device.
- Able to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects.
- Positive, team-oriented, can-do attitude in the work place.
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus (not required).
- Please note that the Company does not provide color-separation software packages such as "fast films" or "ICISS". Candidates who require these programs to color separate should not apply.
Salary and Benefits
- $45K+, commensurate with experience
- Full health and dental insurance
- 3 weeks’ paid time off per year
- 401K with company match
Araca Ink is currently located in Simi Valley and is moving to San Fernando in June 2013.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter should describe your experience, qualifications and interest in meeting the responsibilities of the position. You must include “Color Separator” in the subject line of your email. No snail mail and no telephone calls, please.
Interviews and Work Samples
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Selected candidates must bring to the interview electronic color separation files along with the matching printed sample of at least 3 (but no more than 5) designs they have color separated that highlight their color separation experience. Candidates may also supply a hard copy print of the designs (not required).
General Theatre/Merchandise Office Interns
- Fall (August-December)
- Spring (January-May)
- Summer (June-August)
This is a great opportunity for college students, recent graduates or graduate students to get hands-on experience in producing commercial theatre on and off Broadway. Through Araca’s merchandise division, interns will learn and develop retail and marketing skills valuable for any business. We offer a small stipend and college credit, if applicable. Interns typically work 20 hours each week. The following positions are available:
*Positions for the Spring have been filled. We are now accepting resumes and cover letters for the Summer.
General Theatre Office Intern (3 positions)
Each position will provide support to the Development, Business Affairs, New Products and Marketing departments at Araca. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting producers with projects and clerical duties
- Reading scripts and writing coverage of performances and industry readings
- Attending workshops and rehearsals
- Coordinating talent
- Assembling investment proposals and materials
- Performing dramaturgical work and general Internet research as needed
- Maintaining files for Business Affairs and Accounting departments
- Researching vendors and venues for tours
- Drafting vendor agreements and legal correspondence
- Creating and updating sales spreadsheets
- Recording minutes in development meetings and providing meeting summaries for the design team
- Researching vendors for product pricing and potential marketing opportunities
- Tracking fashion and retail trends in merchandising
- Creating and maintaining a digital database of all new and current product samples
- Answering phones
- Providing front desk support
- Delivering materials to local business partners and clients
- Maintaining office supply levels
The ideal candidate should have a background or interest in producing, merchandising and/or retail. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are required as are excellent written and verbal communication skills. The candidate should be comfortable multitasking, possess a strong interest in theatre and a pleasant attitude.
Please send a resume and cover letter, including which internship you are interested in and dates of availability, to the Internship Coordinator via e-mail at email@example.com