Director of Production and Development
About the Araca Group
Founded in 1997 by partners Matthew Rego, Michael Rego, and Hank Unger, Araca’s Broadway and Off Broadway producing and co-producing credits include: Wicked, Rock of Ages, Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella, Urinetown The Musical, A Raisin in the Sun, Skylight, The Wedding Singer, Frankie and Johnny in the Claire de Lune, Lend Me a Tenor, A View from the Bridge, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, ‘night, Mother, Boeing Boeing, Catch Me If You Can, The Merchant of Venice, The Vagina Monologues, Fault Lines, and Nobody Loves You. Araca most recently produced this season’s Pulitzer-prize winning and Tony-nominated play, Disgraced.
Araca currently has a large roster of new plays, musicals, and theatrical experiences in active development.
Available Position – Director of Production and Development
Araca is seeking a Director of Production and Development to work directly with the company’s partners in overseeing the development and production of new plays and musicals, revivals, and non-traditional theatrical experiences.
The ideal candidate will be a confident, visionary and sensitive leader, able to identify, inspire and mentor new and established writers and professionals in the creation of commercially viable and engaging new work for theatrical production.
The Director’s duties include helping identify projects suitable for production, reading solicited and unsolicited material, finding creative staff (composers, writers, directors, choreographers, etc.) and cast, as well as developing ideas for future productions. The Director plays a primary role in producing selected projects for the stage, up to and including Broadway production, and serves as the Producers’ main liaison with creative staff during production.
The Director reports directly to the CEO of Araca’s Production division.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read solicited and unsolicited material
- Attend productions, showcases, and readings
- Produce readings of selected material
- Work with writers to develop and refine material for production
- Foster and maintain relationships with playwrights, composers, directors, choreographers, and actors
- Serve as Executive Producer on new productions, from inception through closing
- Supervise Development Staff of 2-3 colleagues
- Attend marketing and production strategy meetings
- Maintain and develop relationships with talent and literary agents
- Help to generate new ideas for future productions
- Other qualifications:
- MFA or comparable work experience in a professional theatrical setting
- Highly self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Aware of trends in commercial and non-profit theater
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong dramaturgical skills
- Available during evening hours to see theater and attend industry events
- Available for travel
- Comfortable working with high-profile creative team and talent
- Experienced in mentoring new work and emerging artists
- Able to work cooperatively and positively with colleagues and junior staff
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Three weeks of paid time off per year
- Full health and dental benefits
- 401K with company contribution
Please submit a cover-letter, describing your interest and qualifications for the position, together with a resume and salary requirements, to email@example.com. You must include “Director of Production and Development” in the subject line of your email. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls. Araca is an equal opportunity employer.
Araca Merchandise L.P.
E-Commerce, Assistant Manager
Araca’s E-Commerce department is seeking an ambitious, organized, detail-oriented professional to join our growing team in an entry-level position in a fast-paced working environment. The Assistant Manager’s duties include managing inventory, purchasing, marketing and promotions for select E-Commerce accounts. The Assistant Manager will work closely with the E-Commerce, Client Services, Creative, and Inventory teams to deliver a comprehensive e-commerce experience that maximizes revenue. The Assistant Manager will report directly to the Vice President of E-Commerce and Purchasing.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Publish products to assigned sites; curate products across assigned sites
- Assist in planning promotions and marketing for E-Commerce events and sites
- Purchase new products and place re-orders
- Analyze and manage inventory to maximize sell-through
- Work closely with Assistant Creative Director on all marketing banners, e-blasts, ads, and press releases
- Create and test all promotional rules
- Assist with launch of new client sites to ensure quality of customer experience and marketability of product line
- Communicate with our Los Angeles Fulfillment and Customer Service teams to insure inventory is up to date, promotions are viable, and changes based on customer feedback are completed
- Manage the daily upkeep of assigned sites; run changes to product descriptions and copy
- Create and circulate weekly and monthly sales reports and site and product analyses
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience
- E-Commerce or Marketing experience and/or education a plus
- Ability to present and discuss data with senior leaders and colleagues
- Flexibility to respond to changing priorities while maintaining deadlines
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Experience with Google Analytics, Magento, and/or Retail Pro a plus
- Familiarity with Broadway theater and current music a plus
- $35K per year, entry level position
- Full medical and dental benefits, effective after 90 days
- 401K with company contribution
- 3 weeks Paid Time Off per year
Please submit your resume with a cover letter that describes your qualifications and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include “E-Commerce Assistant Manager” in the subject line of your email. Please, no inquiries by phone. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Araca is an equal opportunity employer.