Graphic Designer, Manager
Araca Merchandise L.P. - New York, NY
Araca is seeking a Graphic Designer/Manager for its New York office. This position requires an ambitious and innovative professional, meticulously organized and well-rounded in apparel and graphic design. Must be a lover of music and entertainment brands.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Confer with Creative Director for timelines and development for new/existing clients.
- Manage design team’s day-to-day projects and work flow.
- Keep design request sheet up-to-date. Make sure all requests have been logged and design needs are addressed and properly communicated.
- Manage design revisions, dealing directly with the Account Services Team.
Participate in a range of design responsibilities, which include conceptualizing, designing, and editing the following:
- New client pitch materials
- New product designs and mock-ups
- Program Books and print materials for Broadway Shows and Bands
- Design Presentations and Capabilities Decks
- Digital Marketing
Research and report on:
- Account past and present trends
- Design concepts for new and existing accounts
- Current styles and trends in graphic design, typography and illustration
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly Proficient in The Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat), Word, and PowerPoint
- Technical proficiency in apparel graphics and printing techniques
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Experience in entertainment merchandise and/or fashion
- Minimally 2-3 years’ experience in apparel graphics including managing workflow in a studio
- Rock N’ Roll, Metal, Band oriented graphic design experience is a major plus
- $40K-$45K per year, commensurate with experience
- Full medical and dental benefits, effective after 90 days
- 401K with company contribution (eligible after 1 year)
- 3 weeks Paid Time Off per year
Please submit your resume with a cover letter that describes your qualifications and interest in the position to email@example.com. You must include “Graphic Designer/Manager” in the subject line of your email. All candidiates must submit examples of design work or an online portfolio. Please, no inquiries by phone. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Araca is an equal opportunity employer.