Silk Screen Production Color Separator
Araca is seeking to hire, on a full-time basis, a simulated spot process Color Separator. The Color Separator will work with and prepare a wide range of designs for screen printing onto apparel items. Design types will range from vector generated "spot color" designs to photorealistic/airbrushed, raster-based designs.
The Color Separator will be responsible for creating color separations for a wide variety of apparel designs, ensuring quality and accuracy in the pre-production phase. The Color Separator will work with a large number of Company’s licensed brands and designs. The Color Separator will prepare designs for in-house and third-party screen printers, both domestic and international. The Color Separator will be familiar with specialty printing techniques and will work with the art director in the placement of design on apparel items. With the art director, the Color Separator will prioritize work flow to coordinate the Company’s production, pre-production, sampling and press schedules.
- 3+ years of experience as a Color Separator in the apparel industry.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop (CS 5 version or higher).
- Working knowledge of MAC and PC system, for work with film RIP and output device.
- Able to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects.
- Positive, team-oriented, can-do attitude in the work place.
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus (not required).
- Please note that the Company does not provide color-separation software packages such as "fast films" or "ICISS". Candidates who require these programs to color separate should not apply.
Salary and Benefits
- $45K+, commensurate with experience
- Full health and dental insurance
- 3 weeks’ paid time off per year
- 401K with company match
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter should describe your experience, qualifications and interest in meeting the responsibilities of the position. You must include “Color Separator” in the subject line of your email. No snail mail and no telephone calls, please.
Interviews and Work Samples
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Selected candidates must bring to the interview electronic color separation files along with the matching printed sample of at least 3 (but no more than 5) designs they have color separated that highlight their color separation experience. Candidates may also supply a hard copy print of the designs (not required).