Vice President of Client Services
As the company expands its merchandising portfolio, we are hiring a Vice President of Client Services to serve as a liaison between the company and select merchandise accounts. The Vice President will work out of our New York office. Duties include working with clients and Araca’s internal teams to design and manufacture product lines, facilitate communications between Araca and the client, and coordinate the launch of new merchandise accounts. The VP will work with Araca’s senior leadership team to enhance day-to-day operations within the company and to secure new merchandise accounts across the entertainment industry. The Vice President reports to Araca’s Senior Vice President of Client Services.
- Overseeing the management of select merchandise accounts, including:
- Maintaining a positive working relationship with clients and responding promptly to client demands
- Assisting clients in developing product lines in cooperation with Araca’s Creative Director and Design Team
- Managing client communications and coordinating product approvals
- Working with Sales and Inventory teams to maintain pricing and inventory levels
- Marketing artist ecommerce sites and managing distribution partners for client products.
- Overseeing account budgets and providing periodic financial reports to Araca management
- Working with Araca’s senior leadership team to acquire new merchandise accounts in the entertainment industry by:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key industry leaders;
- Working with Araca’s design team to develop custom presentations for prospective clients; and
- Attending industry events and festivals
- 3-5 years of entertainment or retail industry experience;
- 2+ years of business leadership experience, specifically overseeing internal teams and working groups;
- Demonstrated experience in:
- client services;
- business development; and
- financial management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Exceptional sales and presentational skills; and
- A proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and creative environment.
- 3+ years of experience as a Color Separator in the apparel industry.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop (CS 5 version or higher).
- Working knowledge of MAC and PC system, for work with film RIP and output device.
- Able to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects.
- Positive, team-oriented, can-do attitude in the work place.
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus (not required).
- Please note that the Company does not provide color-separation software packages such as "fast films" or "ICISS". Candidates who require these programs to color separate should not apply.
- $45K+, commensurate with experience
- Full health and dental insurance
- 3 weeks’ paid time off per year
- 401K with company match
- Fall (August-December)
- Spring (January-May)
- Summer (June-August)
- Assisting producers with projects and clerical duties
- Reading scripts and writing coverage of performances and industry readings
- Attending workshops and rehearsals
- Coordinating talent
- Assembling investment proposals and materials
- Performing dramaturgical work and general Internet research as needed
- Maintaining files for Business Affairs and Accounting departments
- Researching vendors and venues for tours
- Drafting vendor agreements and legal correspondence
- Creating and updating sales spreadsheets
- Recording minutes in development meetings and providing meeting summaries for the design team
- Researching vendors for product pricing and potential marketing opportunities
- Tracking fashion and retail trends in merchandising
- Creating and maintaining a digital database of all new and current product samples
- Answering phones
- Providing front desk support
- Delivering materials to local business partners and clients
- Maintaining office supply levels
About the Applicant
A successful candidate will have direct experience working with merchandising in the entertainment industry, or otherwise be an established professional in the entertainment or retail industry. The candidate will have the energy, enthusiasm and passion needed to manage an area of significant growth and investment for the company, and will bring to Araca the following experiences and qualifications:
About the Application
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.Your letter should describe your experience, qualifications and interest in meeting the responsibilities of the position.Please include your compensation history in your application. You must include “VP Client Services” in the subject line of your email. No snail mail and no telephone calls, please. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Araca is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.araca.com for more information.