Finance Associate - Reporting and Analysis
The Associate is a member of Araca's Finance team and provides data and financial analysis to the senior staff at the company, including Business Development, Client Services (theatrical & music merchandising), Retail Operations, Artist Relations (music merchandising), and Theatrical Production teams. Responsibilities include entering sales and inventory data, ensuring correct data flow between sales and accounting systems, and drafting reports showing historical and current sales figures and inventory levels. In addition, the Associate develops Pro-Forma financial models to analyze prospective producing, merchandising, and investing opportunities. The Associate reports directly to the SVP of Finance, and works closely with senior staff in Information Systems, Client Services and Retail Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage flow of sales data from world-wide store locations to corporate headquarters within the company's point-of-sale (Retail Pro) software
- Provide sales and financial analysis from Retail Pro and Quickbooks software
- Provide cost analysis for Araca's screen-printing operations through Cyrious software program
- Develop and implement sales and financial reporting for Araca's e-commerce platform, Magento
- Develop and analyze financial models for the company's theatrical and live entertainment producing and financing opportunities
- Research, assemble, and collate data to create a variety of reports on a daily, weekly, and quarterly basis, and circulate these reports as needed to Araca management. Reports are primarily in Excel, populated with data from POS, webstore and accounting systems. Reports will include:
- -Daily revenue by store
- -Sales and net profitability with breakdowns by product and location
- -Inventory days on hand, by location
- -Staffing costs and payroll/gross
- -Quarterly and annual sales figures
- -Other reporting and analysis as requested by Araca management
- Assist in the development and improvement of all systems used to collect and transmit data
- Maintain Excel sheets used within current systems
- Set up new product lines and inventory items in POS, webstore, and accounting systems
- Work with Sales Management to create and edit scheduling and payroll templates
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of sales data
- High proficiency in Excel: VLookup, Index/Match, Array Formulas, Indirect, Pivot Tables, Solver, data validation and data tables
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills; able to relate numerical and business trends in accessible and easy-to-follow language
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Retail Pro, Magento, and Cyrious.
- Visual Basic, scripting.
- Salary $38K+, commensurate with experience
- Health /dental insurance
- 401(k) with company contribution
- 3 weeks' paid time off per year.
Data and Financial Analysis:
System Maintenance and Development:
Please send a cover email and resume to email@example.com. You must include "FINANCE ASSOCIATE" in the subject line of your email. Please, no phone calls. Araca will contact successful applicants for an interview. Araca is an equal opportunity employer.