Finance Associate - Reporting and Analysis
The Associate is a member of Araca's Finance team and provides data and financial analysis to the senior staff at the company, including Business Development, Client Services (theatrical & music merchandising), Retail Operations, Artist Relations (music merchandising), and Theatrical Production teams. Responsibilities include entering sales and inventory data, ensuring correct data flow between sales and accounting systems, and drafting reports showing historical and current sales figures and inventory levels. In addition, the Associate develops Pro-Forma financial models to analyze prospective producing, merchandising, and investing opportunities. The Associate reports directly to the SVP of Finance, and works closely with senior staff in Information Systems, Client Services and Retail Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage flow of sales data from world-wide store locations to corporate headquarters within the company's point-of-sale (Retail Pro) software
- Provide sales and financial analysis from Retail Pro and Quickbooks software
- Provide cost analysis for Araca's screen-printing operations through Cyrious software program
- Develop and implement sales and financial reporting for Araca's e-commerce platform, Magento
- Develop and analyze financial models for the company's theatrical and live entertainment producing and financing opportunities
- Research, assemble, and collate data to create a variety of reports on a daily, weekly, and quarterly basis, and circulate these reports as needed to Araca management. Reports are primarily in Excel, populated with data from POS, webstore and accounting systems. Reports will include:
- -Daily revenue by store
- -Sales and net profitability with breakdowns by product and location
- -Inventory days on hand, by location
- -Staffing costs and payroll/gross
- -Quarterly and annual sales figures
- -Other reporting and analysis as requested by Araca management
- Assist in the development and improvement of all systems used to collect and transmit data
- Maintain Excel sheets used within current systems
- Set up new product lines and inventory items in POS, webstore, and accounting systems
- Work with Sales Management to create and edit scheduling and payroll templates
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of sales data
- High proficiency in Excel: VLookup, Index/Match, Array Formulas, Indirect, Pivot Tables, Solver, data validation and data tables
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills; able to relate numerical and business trends in accessible and easy-to-follow language
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Retail Pro, Magento, and Cyrious.
- Visual Basic, scripting.
- Salary $38K+, commensurate with experience
- Health /dental insurance
- 401(k) with company contribution
- 3 weeks' paid time off per year.
Data and Financial Analysis:
System Maintenance and Development:
Please send a cover email and resume to email@example.com. You must include "FINANCE ASSOCIATE" in the subject line of your email. Please, no phone calls. Araca will contact successful applicants for an interview. Araca is an equal opportunity employer.
Seeking qualified Web Designer w/Bachelors or foreign equiv in Information Systems or Comp Science & 2 yrs of related work experience as a Web Design Manager or related occupation to Design, create, and modify Web sites. Analyze user needs to implement Web site content, graphics, performance, and capacity. May integrate Web sites with other computer applications. May convert written, graphic, audio, and video components to compatible Web formats by using software designed to facilitate the creation of Web and multimedia content. Design, build, or maintain web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media. Write, design, or edit web page content, or direct others producing content. Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction. Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems. Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types. Develops user experience design standards and patterns; to create interaction design and information architecture deliverables including wireframes, site maps and page flow documentations.
Aspiring Candidates can mail resume to:HR Manager
Araca Merchandise, L.P.
545 W, 45th Street, 10 Floor
New York, NY 10036